How to use this program
Thank you for taking the time to educate your students and their families about financial literacy. We want you to know that participating in this program and using its supplementary materials is easy and integrates seamlessly with national and regional educational standards and classroom curricula.
The student playbook and this teacher toolkit have lessons and activities that emphasize the 21st Century Education Skills – Collaboration, Communication, Creativity and Critical Thinking. Along with suggested grade levels, the purpose of each activity and cognitive level of thinking, these allow you to tailor your instruction to meet the needs and abilities of your entire class.
Money affects everything. Learning how to use money wisely will help set your life on a course for success. Having sound knowledge about how to make smart money decisions will give you more freedom in life and that’s something worth exploring. We realize that becoming savvy about money can be a daunting task. That’s why The National Theatre for Children has partnered with MyBankTracker.com to give you access to information about money that is relevant to you.
MyBankTracker.com is a commercial banking website that uses data to help you choose banks and other financial institutions to help you set up a savings account, get a loan or to provide information on other money-related services. Go to NTCplayworks.com/money to learn more about savings accounts, using credit wisely and some information on loans you may take out in your life. As always, a savvy consumer will use critical thinking abilities when using and comparing information from a commercial source. Use your exploration of MyBankTracker.com as an opportunity to exercise those critical thinking skills.
Before the Performance
- Watch the Educator Preview Video
- Start a K-W-L (Know-Wonder-Learn) exercise with your students.
- Review the student playbook to identify the appropriate leveled activities for your class.
Day of the Performance
- Watch the Student Preview Video with your students.
- Continue the K-W-L exercise with your students. What do you know about the subject matter we are about to see? What do you want to know?
- Attend the live performance scheduled for your class.
After the Performance
- Watch the Post-Performance Video with your students.
- Conclude your K-W-L by asking the students what they learned from the performance.
- Use the student playbooks and share the additional lessons and expanded information.
- Use the other games and activities located here.
- Evaluate the program by clicking on the Hey,Teachers! icon and entering the code you received from the actors.
- Complete the program evaluation for your chance to win $250 for your classroom.
Find the related state and Next Generation Science Standards here.